Michael's Reviews > Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him

Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalván

Feb 22, 12

Read from February 14 to 17, 2012

As an animal lover i went into this book with great expectations and im happy to say Until Tuesday has met them nicely. The book tells the story Iraq war veteran Luis Carlos Montalvan who returns after two duties with both pysical and psychological injuries the worst being post traumatic stree disorder. Luis would slowly fall apart after returning home with the collapse of his marriage and isolation from his family as he struggled to cope. Things looked hopeless for him with an inadequate system in place to support vets and with loss of his loved ones until he met a devoted loveable dog named Tuesday.

Tuesday was a trained service dog who would become Luis best friend and his reason that he slowly started to get his life back together. Tuesday wasnt always the most disiplined but he was ideal for Luis knowing instinctivly what to do in every situation both good or bad. Along the way Luis and Tuesday would encounter Smiling people, ignorance and a system that that is slowly changing to understand the issues facing vets and there needs.

Until Tuesday was a highly enjoyable read. At times harrowing when descibing Iraq, at times hilarious with the antics of Luis and Tuesday i coudnt help but keep reading. Tuesday started of being a buffer between Luis and civilain life but in the end gave him the courage and confidence to face it. Until Tuesday is essential reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until Tuesday.

02/14/2012 page 59
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brenda Thanks Michael, I didn't know about this book. I have just reserved it at my library. :)

Michael I only found out about it last week after going into Target. The doggie on the front was enough for me then the story made it a no brainer. :D

Brenda It's a gorgeous photo! I read a lot of that sort of book...have you read A Puppy Called Aero: An Inspirational Story..I really enjoyed this one!

Michael Added it to my to read shelf :D

Have you read this one since were on dog books.

Endal: How One Extraordinary Dog Brought a Family Back from the Brink

Brenda No, haven't read that...just added it to my shelf too! Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat is another one I enjoyed.

Brenda Just reserved Endal:D

Michael Thanks Brenda hadnt heard of the Oscar one added. :D

Brenda Another one which is really good Cleo: How an Uppity Cat Helped Heal a Family !!!

Michael I got that one just need to read it cheers. :D

Brenda Oh good!!! LOL

Michael I forgot to menchin this one http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32... not sure if you have read it

Brenda Ooo...I've looked at this one...I was working in the book dept of Big W when this one came out, and I looked, and debated, then didn't end up getting it! Now you've reminded me, I've added it to my TBR list! Thanks Michael!! :)