Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Ladybug Girl

Ladybug Girl by David Soman

Dec 21, 09

bookshelves: childrens, fiction, picture-books, reviewed
Recommended for: little girls, especially little sisters; dog loving little girls
Read in December, 2009

I love the illustrations, including the ones on the inside front and back covers. The facial expressions on Lulu (AKA Ladybug girl) and the expressiveness of her dog Bingo are just wonderful. The illustrations are most of what make this book appealing.

I also appreciated how the story showed how a young child can use her imagination to have a terrific time playing by herself.

The funniest page (probably because I remember this so well from my childhood and from many children that I’ve known over the years) is the “There’s nothing to do.” page; Lulu is in her room surrounded by a large number of toys. There’s also a cute scene where Lulu looks at her older brother and his friends from a perspective that makes them, not her, look small.

Little girls who have older siblings are likely to enjoy this book, as are little girls who love dogs.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ladybug Girl.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan Abigail, I played outside a lot too, up until age 11 or so. Even as an adolescent I remember sitting around with one friend moaning about nothing to do. We'd played games, we didn't want to do homework, etc.