Nicole's Reviews > Negligee Behavior

Review originally posted here:

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: May 23rd
How I got this book: NetGalley

I really loved this newest Carina Press release by Stevens. It reminded me so much of the fabulous Kowalski Series books by Carina’s great Shannon Stacey. It was fun, light, engaging, and sexy.

Brandy is the heiress to the fastest growing lingerie line in the states, but unlike most heiresses, she doesn’t like the spotlight, the paparazzi, or anything other than teaching high school choir. When she makes the first real impulsive decision to marry her boyfriend in Vegas, she freaks and runs out on her own wedding, onto the back of Marco’s bike.

Marco left his high powered life to run a bar in Vegas, and when Brandy hops onto the back of his bike in a horrible wedding dress, he is thrown for a crazy loop. Never one to leave a damsel in distress, Marco gives her a job at his bar, a place to sleep, and a chance to think her life through. When the two start heating up left and right, will they both be able to overcome their pasts to have a shot at a future?

Stevens does an amazing job of showcasing two incredible main characters. I absolutely loved that Brandy was this shy and quiet and reserved teacher who didn’t let the fame and money of her parents rule her life. Watching her journey from the shy school teacher to the confident and sexy bar waitress was so great, believable and fun. Some of the plot line regarding Brandy’s ex boyfriend Gordon wasn’t my favorite part of the story, but I did enjoy the way it all wrapped up so nicely in the end.

Marco was also such a great character. Although he was incredibly conflicted with his career prior to owning the bar, and living with the guilt and stress of his past decisions, he is still this really Alpha type man. He knew what he wanted, wasn’t afraid to go after it, but still chivalrous with Prince Charming like qualities. Watching his relationship with his other employees and little sister just reinforced his awesomeness.

I also enjoyed watching their relationship progress. They didn’t jump into the sack right away, nor did their love affair come out of thin air. Instead, there was this slow and smoldering build up of sexual tension that led to some super hot love scenes. Even their insecurities about each other and their relationship felt real.

The secondary characters, mainly Sebastian (Marco’s co-owner of the bar) and Val (the other waitress) were so great. They were both well developed characters, and added so much to the story. I hope that Stevens continues to write books in her world, I would love to know more about these friends.

All in all, I think that Stevens might have become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. This read was fun, fast paced, light hearted, sexy and a great summer read to add to any romance lovers TBR pile!

I give Negligee Behavior a B+

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Negligee Behavior.