Noninuna's Reviews > James Potter and the Vault of Destinies

May 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: english-fiction
Read from May 11 to 21, 2011

At last, i finished this book! It took forever to actually come to the end. The third book of James Potter's adventure shows how every character grow especially James, Albus, Petra & Lucy. It become darker, complicated & confusing at certain point (at least to me).
This book contain the world that majority come from the author imagination including the world under water, New Amsterdam, Alma Aleron & the overall American world of magic community. This is a good turn which make the story different from Harry Potter series.
I enjoyed reading this 3rd book but only up till when the kids went 'dimension hopping', as Albus describe it. The pace of the earlier into the book kinda slow & very descriptive, i cant keep with the pace. I skipped a few pages to finished it.
Some people said it was kinda a cliffhanger ending but to me, it was perfect for me to actually look forward for the 4th book, if the author plan to write one.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Vault of Destinies.