Rochelle's Reviews > Under Wraps

Under Wraps by Hannah Jayne

May 11, 11

This book was dreadful. The author and the editor should be ashamed to their core for putting this out there.

1. In case you've ignored all the other reviews, the cover is completely and totally wrong.

2. The 'hero' is a complete and utter asshole. Not bad boy asshole, but very racist and crude, drunk, Republican brother in law at Thanksgiving asshole. And the author seems to think that the readers should overlook this and root for him to get laid by the heroine because he is so hot. Seriously.

3. The heroine doesn't say anything because she 'blurts' out all her words. Every single word from her is blurted.

4. The heroine walks around looking like a tomato every single minute she is awake because she blushes when she blurts and when she doesn't blurt.

5. After she blurts and blushes, she plays with her hair. How all that hair stays on after hours of twirling her hair around her finger, I will never know.

6. The heroine has a stalker, as in super creepy stalker, but we aren't to think its such a BAD thing, you know? Just sweet.

7. Any paranormal person/being is a demon. Really? Really?

8. Vampires are blah, blah, blah and very polite. BUT...the heroine's vampire roommate is even less polite than Roseanne Barr.

9. The desecration, the annihilation, the massacre of the English language. a)"His nose was thin and freckled and a few stray whiskers - a petty attempt at a beard - ..." PETTY!!!??? b) "And I'll turn that human girl who was always trolling around you back home..." TROLLING!!?? c)"Steve's scent is distinct." No. No. No. You mean distinctive!!!! d)"That's another thing - when you live forever, you become very skeptical of who you want to take along..." O My Fing God. Skeptical of!!???... e)"This new generation of vampire - they think they are so entitled."

That was it. That was the moment when this became the 7th book I've not finished in my entire life.

Slight redeeming factors
1. The stalker is actually rather funny.

2. The rebellious vampire thing is sorta funny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under Wraps.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user Dang. I was gonna read this...

message 2: by Seagoat (new)

Seagoat The ending is actually even more annoying than the rest. You did a good thing not finishing it.