Callie's Reviews > What Every Mom Needs

What Every Mom Needs by Elisa Morgan

May 20, 11

bookshelves: 2011-nonfiction
Read from May 11 to 20, 2011

"Mothers of preschoolers overwhelmingly report that their greastest struggle is with loneliness, a feeling of being disconnected or isolated."

Intimacy means "into me see"

Stumbling blocks to intimacy:
I'm too tired to be friendly
I don't want to risk making a friend when one of us will probably move away.
I don't have time to be friendly.

Unlike marriage, the mark of the most mature friendship may be the open-handedness of sharing our friends with other friends.

When it comes to asking for help, most of us have a hard time; griping comes more easily. We whine and even scream on occasion. And many of us have mastered the martyr role, in which we carry on our work while sighing frequently and loudly, in hopes that someone will notice our weariness and step in to help.

"I have found that I do not need another book on how to be a better mother, What i have needed is my husband, the father of these children, to participate more fully with me in this great call of God upon our lives. I have needed to hear him say with words and with action, You are not alone. These children are just as much my responsibility as they are yours."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Every Mom Needs.

05/18/2011 page 165