Inder's Reviews > Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family: Includes So Many Innovative Strategies You Won't Have to Cut Coupons

Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family by Steve Economides

May 12, 11

bookshelves: cooking, domesticarts, money, simplicity
Read in May, 2011

I can't give this book one star, because I probably gleaned a few useful tips from it. So I'll give it two stars and say, there are a few good ideas here, but you have to slog a bit to get to them. There are also a lot of really obvious ideas and really extreme frugality ideas, and you don't have to slog at all to get to those. I walked away thinking, "I doubt we would EVER want to go grocery shopping only once a month! But maybe it would be good if we stopped shopping every other day? ..."

The section on organics is infuriating. The authors have absolutely no concept of why most people buy organic products, or what that even means. So that tagline on the front about how you can save on organics? Forgetaboutit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Is that for reals the authors name??

Inder Yes! They only mentioned that in the book a couple times (and it's pronounced ee-con-o-meeed-eees).