Tristi's Reviews > Harbor's End

Harbor's End by Claudia Culmone

May 11, 11

Shanyn Tomilson is a world-famous jockey, a champion of epic proportions. She has a way with horses that no one can rival, and she feels at home on the back of a horse even when she doesn't feel she belongs anywhere else. But her health isn't good, and her riding career may be over. This news is more than she can take.

Needing time to get away and think things over, hopefully in a place where no one knows who she is, she moves to a quiet town on the coast, seeking solitude. She takes her beloved horse with her and is prepared to face the end of her life.

But she's not prepared for what she does find - friends, support, a community ready to take her in and include her in their lives. She's never experienced a small town before and isn't sure what to make of the open, friendly ways of the people. As she opens up and becomes willing to share who she is, she finds that life is sweeter than she had ever expected, and she finds the strength to do the things she needs to do.

I enjoyed the novel "Harbor's End" by Claudia Culmone. I liked the descriptions of the town and wanted to go find me a little home somewhere that matched the descriptions in the book. I liked the characters and wanted to see them be happy. It was a quick read, perhaps a little too quick, and I did wish it had been expanded a bit, but that's a good thing - if you want more of something, that's always a good thing.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harbor's End.

message 1: by Jewel (new)

Jewel Allen This book sounds really interesting. I've added it to my to-read list.

PS Having moved to a small town (which eventually led to our family owning horses today) from the big city, I remember what an adjustment that was. I love it, and am glad my kids get to grow up in a small town.