Brianne's Reviews > Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister Went Crazy

Stop Pretending by Sonya Sones

F 50x66
May 11, 11

bookshelves: young-adult-lit
Read in May, 2011

This was an amazing book! I could not put it down. It is all poems and it is very quick and easy to read. There were so many emotions going throughout this book from, not only the author, but for the reader as well.

This book was written in poem form because the authors sister had been put into a psychiatric ward. She went through all her thoughts and put them in poem form so she could express how she was feeling. It's incredible how much strength this 13 year old girl had while she was struggling to fit in at school with her friends and not feel like her family was being torn apart. She was in constant worry about her sister. What was to come for her? Would she get better? How could she help? She felt lost and unsure, but sometimes, there was hope.

Warnings? The sister is in a psychiatric ward because she has gone "crazy". Therefore, we have those experiences. There is some sexual material. There is also some family crisis: family arguments and such.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stop Pretending.