Blanca's Reviews > El sueño del celta

El sueño del celta by Mario Vargas Llosa
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
3542226
's review
Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: 2011, lan-sp, historical-fiction, biography
Read from May 11 to June 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

As a novelization of something that actually happened it's damn good. It's also very informative if (like me) you are not aware of the specifics of the abuses to the natives that went on in Africa and South America just to get rubber.

Still, it did not manage to get me invested in the main character which is a bit of a must when the story is a biography. Part of it has to do with knowing where the character ends up during... 70% of the book; during the other 30%, for me Roger Casement was just too much of a radical to be able to empathize with him (it bothered me how he saw colonized Ireland as practically the same situation as what went on in Congo).

Two stars.
4 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read El sueño del celta.
sign in »

Reading Progress

05/11/2011 page 20
4.0%
show 11 hidden updates…

No comments have been added yet.