Stella's Reviews > Juliet, Naked

Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby

F 50x66
May 11, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I read this book for my first time in 2011, and after having watched Crazy Heart, I kept waiting for Tucker Crowe to say something Bad Blake-ish, more specifically I wanted him to tell Annie "I want to talk about how bad you make this room look." Can we please get this book turned into a move starring Jeff Bridges soon? I digress... I enjoyed this book more than I did About A Boy because the character's emotions, thougths and feelings were described more deeply and painfully honestly. I loved immersing myself into Duncan's monotonous yet passionate, obsessesive yet unexeptional and sometimes hilarioulsy misguided life. I was pained and uncomfortable when reading about Annie's regrets and feelings about having lost the best years of her life; but that's what a good book does to you- ignites feelings we don't usually experience, mostly unwelcoming and undesirable feelings we tend to supress. This book made me think, analyze, reflect and then dissect some more different aspects of my own life. I'm on a Nick Hornby roll now- and can't wait to read more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Juliet, Naked.