Craig's Reviews > Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence

Please Understand Me II by David Keirsey

May 11, 11

Okay--I got fanatical about the Jung Myers-Briggs theory of personality last year. I tested my family and many of my friends and acquaintances with an online test, and thought intensively about the theoretical and practical implications of the tool (i.e. the test) and the theory. I wanted something to further my knowledge of it and I wanted to see some ingenious ways of applying the theory--and hopefully some empirical research on such applications. Instead I found that most of the stuff Kiersey discusses in this book I already had researched online. The book did not take my thinking to any new levels really, so it was relatively uninteresting to me. I have only read about 30% of the book--but basically it churns the same ideas through all the different temperaments. HOWEVER, if you just want an initial grounding in Jung Myers-Briggs theory and its general application--this is packed with it all, and the theory (in my opinion) is salient and powerful stuff.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Please Understand Me II.