Rebecca Treadway's Reviews > Blood Faerie

Blood Faerie by India Drummond

Jun 05, 11

Read from May 11 to 26, 2011

Okay, so this is my first time reading India's work, and since I don't read "romance novels" I for one - appreciated the fact this isn't a "romance novel"! lol. But said parts as it pertains to the novel in a whole, in my opinion - are more realistic. The character's are hesitant to get into something like that, which makes more sense. I also like the different spin on the Fae folk as well. The entire storyline arc I also like, but I did find it too slow in pace for *my* taste. (I really emphasize that) and the writing imo was somewhat passive (grammatically correct and I noticed no typo's, however!) It makes for a good read for anyone who doesn't want to be assaulted with action-action-action and/or graphic depictions :p I did liked the character. It's also nice to read something of a different cultural background or country. Most paranormal or dark urban fic stories are too caught up in the big city cliche's. If you're already a fan of India Drummond, you'll like this book - the romance aspect is more of a spiritual/mental connection.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Faerie.