Lesley's Reviews > Blood Law

Blood Law by Karin Tabke

Jun 13, 11

Read on May 30, 2011

I was really looking forward to Blood Law, I saw the cover and though it looked pretty hot and right up my street. I thought it had loads of potential with two Lycan alpha brothers Rafael and Lucien, both of which came across as quite yummy. Years before Rafael was forced to kill Lucien's mate as she was a slayer (the Lycan's mortal enemy) in disguise. Lucien pledges he will avenge her death and is supported by the Lycan Blood Law which states when Rafael takes a mate Lucien can rightfully kill her. Sounds good huh?

Basically Rafael rescues Fallon (who unknown to everyone is part Lycan part Slayer) and seduces her but she ends up falling in love with him and gets all protective of him, and he's all typical alpha male standoffish and demanding but eventually realises he loves her (you know the usual stuff). I didn't exactly dislike Fallon in the end, I just thought she was a bit boring and thought her uniqueness could have been explored a bit more.

My attention started to officially wander about half way through. I didn't struggle to finish it as such, but just wanted to get it over and done with so that I could read something else. It picked up again at the end with more of Lucien and there was a huge cliffhanger which is obviously the hook to get the reader to buy the next book in the series. Can I just say, I hate that! I'm not going to forget that at least half was the book was dull, dull, dull. Anyway, it wasn't a DNF, it just got a bit predictable and boring which was a shame as it did have potential. (I would rate it 2.5 out of 5)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Law.

05/29/2011 page 113