Andrés Velázquez's Reviews > Reckless

Reckless by Cornelia Funke

691975
May 11, 2011

Read from May 11 to 16, 2011

First when I read the first couple of chapters I felt a bit disapointed because I realized the style was meant like a fantasy adventure book for children. But as I keep reading the book became more and more engaging.

The dark twist in the fairy tale world may not be a new concept but is pretty well handled in this novel, sometimes when authors focus on writting this type of books they only develop certain aspects of the fantastic world delivering an uncreative, unimaginative book. On the contrary, the world of Reckless is very immersive and is developed in a way that makes you feel that you are actually witnessing a vast world behind the mirror.

Besides there´s not a dull moment in the book, making it a great light-page-turner read. There is one thing that can be criticized though, and that is that it lacks in the descriptive part, while character traits or simply the scenery or the mood could be described more thoroughly.

All in all Funke created a pretty great dark fairy tale which I wouldn´t doubt on recommending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reckless.

KaytheDork Nice review! I like it when people are relatively fair instead of out right: "I hate it." Which I'm happy to say there isn't much on this app (I'm new.) I agree! Of course I didn't realise the first time I read it because I myself was at the targeted age, or maybe younger. But I must admit I still love reading books perhaps a little below my age group. (Like Kathryn Lasky and Erin Hunter.) As well as older. (You know it's funny, before downloading this app I thought Reckless was a stand alone book......oops)