Lisa's Reviews > Fresh & Fast Vegetarian: Recipes That Make a Meal

Fresh & Fast Vegetarian by Marie Simmons

Jul 21, 11

bookshelves: cookbooks

One flip through this and I already know I must own my own copy. Interesting, fresh takes on vegetarian food, without unusual ingredients. Each recipe lists a prep/cooking time, but not nutrition breakdown. There are some full-color photos.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fresh & Fast Vegetarian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob Lisa's comment here and checking the list of recipes at Amazon got me to order this. It looks truly wonderful, for which I thank her!

message 2: by Molli (new)

Molli I just ordered it too! We are trying to eat more Vegetarian meals and this will help! Our CSA boxes are right around the corner - yipee!

message 3: by Molli (new)

Molli OK, I made the Quinoa with corn and avocado for dinner - delicious! Easy and really pretty.

Lisa Thanks, Molli! I made the pumpkin and tomato soup (used frozen squash) and the naan with greens and goat cheese, which was excellent.

Lisa Bob wrote: "Lisa's comment here and checking the list of recipes at Amazon got me to order this. It looks truly wonderful, for which I thank her!"

Bob, is there a thread for reviews on the CLBB? I never go there anymore, but I'd like to subscribe to the thread if it exists.

message 6: by Bob (new)

Bob Sorry, Lisa, while I've done half a dozen things that I've liked from it, I've been neglectful about commenting.

message 7: by Bob (new)

Bob My two favorite things so far have been soups: The Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup with ginger and baby bok choi (I like that she only purees half the soup, leaving a lot of nice texture) and the Lentil Soup with Vegetables and Smoked Paprika. The paprika gives it a very meaty taste, though I thought it needed a day to settle down as it was a bit intense at first.

Lisa I made the cannellini bean ragout tonight and it was excellent. I wish I'd had some crusty bread to go with it.