Harriet's Reviews > I'll Walk Alone

I'll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

May 11, 11

Read in May, 2011

This is a great warm, cozy, curl-up-in-the-corner-of-the-sofa mystery. I'll Walk Alone is light and just enough of a brain twister to keep you reading straight through.

I haven't been a big reader of MHC through the years because I've only begun reading suspense thrillers during the past year. After reading tons of Child, Baldacci, Colben & Forsythe, MHC is a very low key sort of writer. While I'm not really that fond of her voice, I found this one to be very satisfying and enjoyed every page.

MHC managed to keep me guessing right up until the villain was revealed. I had smugly decided on another--an unlikely character--sure I had his motive all figured out. Then...WHAMO...out of the blue came the real culprit and put me back in my place. Bravo, Mary Higgins Clark! Good job.

I'd recommend this book to anybody who loves MHC and her brand of suspense not to pass this one up. I'll be searching out more of her offerings to give me a breather from the deeper, more meaty stuff I'm prone to go for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Walk Alone.