Margaret's Reviews > When the Soul Mends

2043205
May 23, 11

Read from May 11 to 23, 2011

** spoiler alert ** From the book:

The capstone novel in Cindy Woodsmall's Sisters of the Quilt trilogy places Hannah Lapp at the most difficult crossroads in an Amish woman's life. She must choose between her new love and contented life in the Englischer community or the renewal of ties with her Old Order suitor, Paul. Called back to the congregation that ostracized her, she struggles to find her heart's desire as she attempts to ease her conscience. A romantic novel woven deep with strands of faith.

My review:

I actually started reading this book first but realized I was lost without reading the other two books and getting the history. This is a series where a terrible tragedy occurs to an young Amish girl. Instead of embracing her, her parents and community turn their backs on her. Throughout the series, Hannah is able to overcome her setbacks and move on to a happy and fruitful life. While she ends up leaving her faith, she finds a path that brings out her true calling of helping others. In this book she has to choose between returning to those who rejected her and staying with those who freely accepted her regardless of her "past."

I rated this book high because I love these type of stories. However if you are looking for a lot of depth you are not going to find it here. If you are looking for a book with and easy to follow story line and a happy ending, then this is the perfect book for you!

Love and Blessings!
Margaret

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Soul Mends.