Clare Bear's Reviews > How to Sing

720596
Feb 29, 08

bookshelves: to-read
Recommended to Clare by: http://notsosynonymous.tripod.com/sing.html

All too often I hit that note at the Hall and what sounds okay in my head or a lower volume cracks. I want to learn how to sing in 2008, and this book was recommended on a website as The Book. Anyone else know much about singing?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Sing.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily i would like to??? i write and play music but don;t say i can sing, so when u learn the secret let me know

message 2: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare Bear Sure :) Found a local girl who may be able to give some training. She's also an audio engineer, very cool. What's your instrument?
You write lyrics and melody?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily i play guitar and drums, i write lyrics and simple music, but the voice hmmmm yes i'm no missy higgins

message 4: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare Bear Cool! have you posted your music anywhere, like on a myspace music page or something?

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily no its all locked away in my head and room, hehehe i have recorded some things in the past just using a friends 8track, but one day i would like to do more.

message 6: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare Bear ahh love the old 8 track or 4 track(analogue, back in the day). my sister and I used an old Tascam 4 track when growing up, loads of fun..the bug for recording definitely bit. Just bought a compyter and have software acid pro, reason and sound forge for digital recording and engineering but I'd love a good keyboard with midi so I could hook it all up to the PC.
still, theres alot to be said to capturing the unpredicatbel sounds of live music mainlined into the 8 track.

my sister has a myspace music page (she's not in the truth btw anymore) http://www.myspace.com/lillithblythe
I used to have one but I wavered between bothering to keep up with it and then kind of got into a dodgy online debate with an old friend from the world. anyhoo..
my one was
don't know if it's still active

take care