lisa's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

May 21, 11

bookshelves: library-books, 2011
Read from May 18 to 21, 2011

y'all, brigan is the first person to be added to my list of fictional boyfriends in YEARS. (this is probably not really true. i'm easy for fictional boys, okay? BUT I REALLY LOVE HIM A LOT.)

anyway, i uh, don't really remember graceling except to say that i enjoyed it, but this one gave me lots of ~feelings~. more for the characters than for the story, although the story reminded me strongly of my favorite tamora pierce books (i.e. ALL OF THEM) and i love this royal family and was very worried about all of them during the war.

(view spoiler)

aaaanyway, i think i enjoyed this much more than graceling. but i can't be sure since i can't remember graceling. either way, i really enjoyed this.

ps: people reviewing this book need to stop freaking the fuck out about fire and archer being, basically, friends with benefits. not all relationships fit into your tiny little boxes, and despite everything i wrote up there about my conflicted feelings, he does love her and wants her to be happy, and she feels the same, so what's wrong with them having consensual and safe sex? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. it's not even pg-13, jesus christ.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.