Sergey's Reviews > Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman

May 11, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fiction, read_in_english, favorites, sweeping_the_ashes
Read on May 10, 2011, read count: 1

...it’s finished now, that moment that takes up space but for an instance and leaves nothing through the passage of time. No, perhaps not nothing, for there is still that bitter warmth of memory that nags a bit and drinks a bit of the soul; happy when we're together; anguished when we part. Oh, but the yearning is so strong; for a glimpse; for that moment, it is draining blood from the heart. And then, when my eyes lay upon him, and my hands find comfort in his shape, I lose my sense of self. I wanted to speak something of value afterwards, but the words escaped me; suffocated almost in my throat, dying in ecstasy of silence. It could not be helped, really. Silence is so much better now than empty pretenses and words of excuse...in the simple afterglow of a love forlorn.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Me by Your Name.

Quotes Sergey Liked

André Aciman
“I stopped for a second. If you remember everything, I wanted to say, and if you are really like me, then before you leave tomorrow, or when you’re just ready to shut the door of the taxi and have already said goodbye to everyone else and there’s not a thing left to say in this life, then, just this once, turn to me, even in jest, or as an afterthought, which would have meant everything to me when we were together, and, as you did back then, look me in the face, hold my gaze, and call me by your name”
André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name