Darcia Helle's Reviews > Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler

Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: biographies-memoirs, music, nonfiction
Read from August 25 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy

Steven Tyler has a big, flashy personality and his book is no different. He tells it like it is, holding nothing back. We learn about his childhood, his personal life, the making of Aerosmith, his relationship with its members (particularly Joe Perry), his addictions and his songwriting process.

Occasionally Tyler wanders off topic and offers personal insights on life. I noticed this bothered many of the other reviewers who wanted a linear, professional autobiography. Unlike those reviewers, I thoroughly enjoyed his meandering. For me, his writing style and (sometimes) lack of structure felt more personal. We're given a glimpse into the real Steven Tyler, the man behind the lead singer persona. He has packed a lot of living into his 60-plus years and has a lot to say.

I found the book entertaining, sad, silly and poignant. Steven Tyler is far more intelligent than most people give him credit for. He's also over-the-top crazy at times. But isn't that what we love about him?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?.