Lindsey's Reviews > Into the Woods

Jul 12, 11

bookshelves: gay-lit, fantasy, singles
Recommended to Lindsey by: Lori
Read from June 29 to July 12, 2011

So after I finally found my Kindle the day before I left on my vacation, I wanted to get a substantial portion of Swordspoint read since I had barely touched it in my lost-Kindle depression. Anyway, I picked this up again yesterday and finished it in the car. My overall is that the characters are good, but this book suffers from far too many cliches such as ridiculously nice old ladies, criminals with lazy motivation and a too simple climax. I'm also bothered that the backstory from the beginning is never touched upon. Rather disappointing. But the pairing was nice and the supernatural was nice (aside from the stupid insta-healing through kissing/licking). Nothing special but it was worth it for the were/vampire pairing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Woods.

06/29/2011
17.0% "Vampire/werewolf gay romance. I think I've found my guilty pleasure for the next few days. This looks like it might be a quick read."
06/30/2011
42.0% "This is surprisingly better plotted than I expected, and the characters are truly interesting." 2 comments
06/30/2011
54.0% "Finally, we're going to get to some BITING."
07/01/2011
66.0% "Okay, the writing turned lame and fanfic-y again. People, please say you dialogue out loud when you write so you can HEAR how cheesy it sounds. Also, "respiration" instead of "breathing" and all the other flowery turns of phrase sound ugh. I also don't like the benevolent old woman trope and MOST OF ALL the "Oh yeah my backstory was amnesia" unless it's done really well."