Shawna's Reviews > Vegan Soul Kitchen: Fresh, Healthy, and Creative African-American Cuisine

Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry

May 27, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: cooking, nonfiction
Read from May 10 to 15, 2011

I guess I'm just not into soul food. None of the recipes in this book sounded interesting so I didn't make any and took the book back to the library.

Nothing about the book made me feel passionate about anything in it. Knowing Terry used to be vegan and has since changed his eating habits bothered me, but it's his life and I wish him luck, but that information tainted everything for me, but it's nice that he was honest about the change in his lifestyle instead of trying to come off as something he isn't.

Maybe soul food just isn't my bag, baby, but nothing in here sounded good enough to make.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Soul Kitchen.

Sarah I love the book and it all looks great but I've had it like 2 years and have made 2 recipes.

Shawna Isn't it funny how we connect with some books but not others?

What are some of the books you couldn't live without? I'd be lost without Yellow Rose Recipes, Veganomicon, and VCTOTW.

Sarah Well I'm glad I own VCTOTW but I don't use it too much - weight loss quest and newly gluten intolerant and all. I do love YRR and VwaV was my favorite in the beginning, and I love AFR and use that a bunch too. Hmm.