Karen's Reviews > Sam's Letters to Jennifer

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

Feb 29, 2008

bookshelves: advisory2007-2008

The story of a grown woman who feels she has lost everything in her life. her best friend; her grandmother just fell into a coma while the love of her life died a couple years back, partly because it was her fault. She spends restless days within the shadow of blame and regret towards herself while the anouncment of her grandmothers condition is discovered. The grandmother, sam, has left her letters in order to let her understand things in her life that no one else has. She begins to understand how sam and her are very similar especailly on how they had given up on love. While sam describes her story, jennifer meets a man from her past and....well the story continues from there.

I loved the book. it was extremely hooking and draws you into this vivid image of the setting and all the events. it was as if you felt what the characters were feeling and James Patterson did an amazing job on that. I cried at the random moments even though the plot is close to that of a cliche. It's something that seems to have derived from an oscar winning movie and if it doesnt become one, i'd be extremely disappointed. Reminds me of the notebook because of the similarites although they have 2 very different morals, plots etc. I learned that if you want happiness, you shouldnt shut out things in your life that make you happy. You shouldnt give up on life and love even if you hit rock bottom. I recommend this book to those who love reading about romance, or simply the relationships between individuals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam's Letters to Jennifer.

10/17/2016 marked as: read