Revules's Reviews > Odinism: The Religion of Our Germanic Ancestors In the Modern World: Essays on the Heathen Revival and the Return of the Age of the Gods

Odinism by Wyatt Kaldenberg

U 50x66
May 10, 2011

Read in April, 2011

This book is not your usual generic ramblings of lore written by a pseudo intellectual ego masturbator. It isn't an introductory to Odinism guide either but would still be quite useful to a curious tire kicking future Odinist. The Author does not try to indoctrinate you with his bias and even disclaims that there are things many would not agree with.

Mr. Kaldenberg also approaches a subject which is highly controversial in the Odinist Community:Shamanism as it pertains to Germanic practices. He does not delve deeply into the subject but does hint at it possibly being explored more in another book.

The Author also gives a good perspective on how Odinists should deal with polytheists. That is something never approached before and of great importance. Instead of containing his thoughts only, he has many contributions from fellow Odinists/Heathens as well. Making it for a well rounded sociological study rather than just opinion.

I liked the chapter on Odinism and Separate realities. It uses a bit of quantum and shamanic theory to help the reader conceive why some people are restricted in their spiritual abilities.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the chapter on Giordano Bruno. It illustrates how some people can be living as Odinists and never claim it as a religion. There is also a very detailed ritual explained which really shows you how much of a serious practitioner Mr. Kaldenberg really is.

It has loads of good prayers to reference. It even explains how women have been paramount in preserving heritage over the centuries. There is a grand section of oaths and tenets every Odinist should live by.

Wyatt Kaldenberg takes readers into discussion as if you are at a table with him. He isn't only informing and discussing. He is helping us find our way as Heathens and Odinists in this world. Extremely good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odinism.