Carrie's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Jun 21, 11

Read from June 17 to 21, 2011

Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot. Very good kick off to the series (or so I hope). I wasn't sure how much I was liking the story through the first few chapters, but by the time I was halfway through, I was hooked.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

Quotes Carrie Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“If you run from me, I will chase you, and I'll find you....”

Jeaniene Frost
“Aside from the obvious, Francesca, what do you want in return for supplying information?” Bones asked, getting back to the subject. “You to take me,” she replied at once. “Not gonna happen!” I spat, squeezing him possessively. Three sets of widened eyes fixed on me. That’s when I realized that what I had a firm grip on was no longer his hand.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Would you mind repeating that? I'm afraid I might have lost my wits altogether and just hallucinated what I've longed to hear.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Whatever would give you the idea that I'm her damn brother?”

Jeaniene Frost
“I love you. You have no idea what you are worth to me.”

Jeaniene Frost
“All I'm saying is that sooner of later, you'll have to come to terms with yourself. You can't wish away the vampire in you, and you shouldn't keep atoning for it. You should figure out who you are and what you need, and then don't apologize for it. Not to me, to your mum, or to anyone.”

Jeaniene Frost
“We're, ah, taking a break to evaluate things, and, um, reexamine our relationship, so I stuffed him in a closet!" I burst out in shame. Timmie's eyes goggled.
Is he still there?”

Jeaniene Frost
“We're going to knock those demons out and slay them with the power of Jesus. Hallelujah, can I get an amen?- Timmie”

Jeaniene Frost
“Don't kiss me like a woman if you're going to treat me like a child.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I was thrown into a state of sheer, mindless panic. “It’s my mother!” I whispered fiercely,
as if Bones hadn’t figured that out. “Holy shit, you have to hide!”
I literally shoved him toward the bedroom, yelling, “I—I’ll be right there, I’m not
dressed!”
He went, but with none of my hysteria. “Kitten, you still haven’t told her? Blimey, what
are you waiting for?”
The Second Coming of Christ!” I snapped. “And not a moment sooner! Here, in the
closet!”

Jeaniene Frost
“There is only one way to fight, and that's dirty. Clean gentlemanly fighting will get you nowhere but dead, and fast. Take every cheap shot, every low blow, absolutely kick people when they're down, and maybe you'll be the one who walks away.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I thawt I thaw a putty tat.” “I did, I did thee a putty tat" Finished with his Tweety Bird imitation, he grinned unpleasantly at me. “Now, then, luv, let’s get down to business”

Jeaniene Frost
“So do you remember this place?"
"Hard to forget." he snorted. "This is where you tried to kill me. You were so nervous, you kept blushing. Never had someone try to stake me who blushed so much.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I stared at him in silence. There were so many things I wanted to say. Like, How could you think what I feel for you is only physical? or, Don't you know you're my best friend? and finally, Bones, I love-”

Jeaniene Frost
“Right, then, mate, terribly sorry for my unspeakable rudeness, and I do beg your pardon. I can only say that it was caused by my natural affront to the notion of her as my sister. Since I'll be shagging her tonight, you can imagine how I'd be distressed at the thought of rogering my sibling"
"You shmuck! The only thing you'll be shagging tonight is yourself!"
"You wanted sincerity, well, luv, I was sincere.”

Jeaniene Frost
“You're not a woman," he said finally. "You're the Grim Reaper with red hair!”

Jeaniene Frost
“Is that a stake, Bones, or are you just happy with my new dress?”

“In this case, it’s a stake. You could always feel around for something more, though. See what comes up.”

Jeaniene Frost
“What's bothering me is that you dare to stand there and tell me what I do and do not feel about last night. That kissing you and holding you meant nothing to me. Then, to top it all off, that you were only reactiong to me because you were impaired? That's rich. You know what those drugs did to you in the first dose, before the second one made you comatose? They killed the bug up your arse?" said Bones.”

06/17/2011 page 20
06/17/2011 page 35
9.0% "Omg, Bones is a dick. I really hope he gets less me-wanting-to-stab-him."
06/20/2011 page 203
53.0% "Can I punch this chick's mother in the face?" 13 comments
show 4 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bonnie Oh yay! I hope you enjoy it. :)