WildAboutBones's Reviews > Love in the Time of Dragons

Love in the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister

Jun 08, 2011

Read from May 27 to June 08, 2011

This is the first in the Light Dragons series. In true Katie MacAlister fashion, this is a laugh out loud paranormal romance.

Tully, or is it Ysolde(?), is the female lead. Everyone insists she is the silver dragon Ysolde resurrected. All Tully know is that her fugues are getting closer together and now she's having very vivid dreams and visions of what everyone is telling her is her dragon life from several hundred years ago.

The story bounces between the present and the past in Tully's dream and vision sequences. Some of the transitions from the present to the past can be confusing but I suspect this is to give the reader an idea of how disorienting the visions can be for Tully/Ysolde.

I was chuckling and giggling from almost page one. There is one scene after Tully/Ysolde and Baltic meet again where they get on the subject of Pavel being bisexual. Tully/Ysolde confesses that some times the thought of two men together is, well, "...it's just kind of ... er ... hot ... kind of ... titillating." Baltic is so perplexed by this and simply will not let it go. Not only does MacAlister hit this scene out of the ballpark but it had me snorting with laughter, tears running down my face and almost had me peeing in my britches. And even funnier, Baltic still hasn't let it go several chapters later.

I rate this story as a 2.5 on the sexy scale of 1-4. MacAlister is a master at creating characters that come alive, hiliarious dialogue and inventive, as well as sexy, situations. This is a must read for paranormal romance and dragon fans.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in the Time of Dragons.

message 1: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie Garrison I have this one just need to find time to get to it. I love humor.