Jennifer Monzon's Reviews > Redheart

Redheart by Jackie Gamber

Jun 06, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from May 24 to June 05, 2011

Although I am not a fan of dragons, I must say that this book was incredibly well written and because of the way it was written and the plot, it captured my attention and I enjoyed reading the book. The author does a great job in the description and personalities of all the different characters, you’ll fall in love. I was a little skeptic in accepting this book just because it was about dragons, but I am glad I did. The book tells a mystery in which it changes characters to fully describe the entire story hence keep you on your toes guessing what’s going to happen next. It’s funny at times, mysterious and serious in others but with a little bit of romance which in my opinion is the best mixture when it comes to writing a good book. Overall a good read, and can’t wait for the sequel.

In a world where dragons and humans once coincided, it is now a battleship of greed and betrayal over the land. Kallon is our main character who has fallen into ambiguity and has turned his back on his dragon alliance due to the lost of his father. However, all that changes when he meets a young lady Riza Diantus under some intense circumstances.

Riza Diantus has decided to leave all she’s ever known and begin a new life as she’s had enough with all the exploitation and injustice in her life. In the mist of leaving, she encounters a serious situation that Kallon rescues her from. Although, Riza has been brainwashed to loath and despise dragons her whole life, she begins to question it when an unusual friendship commence between the two.

Great chemistry between these two characters and the story line is a great one. Highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Redheart.