Kim's Reviews > Succubus Revealed

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead

May 10, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from October 17 to 21, 2011

***WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!*** (I've tried to avoid it)

I had mixed feelings about reading 'Succubus Revealed'. I wanted to read it to finish the series, but I've never been much of a Seth fan and it was pretty obvious that Georgina was going to end up with him. Though part of me really wanted to see Georgina with Roman (ok, most of me wanted to see that happen), I'd accepted the fact that for Georgina to be happy, she needed to be with Seth.

It was interesting to see how their story ended though. Despite their reunion in 'Succubus Shadows', it's not all smooth sailing. Some of the twists in the story I was expecting (like who Seth was and why Georgina was being sent to Las Vegas), but Richelle Mead definitely threw in a few unexpected turns.

I loved Roman and Carter. They always manage to make me smile; especially Carter, he's a pretty awesome angel. I loved the few moments when they were together, it showed how much things can change. I never expected to see Roman and Carter almost being friends, Roman's come a long way from 'Succubus Blues'. (Can't say I'm surprised by Carter's friendly display, he's nice to everyone.)

I was disappointed with the ending. I was really hoping, as the last book in the series, that the main stories, characters and loose ends would be tied up. I don't know if Richelle's planning a spin-off series like she did for the Vampire Academy series, I haven't heard if she is, but to leave such an important character's fate left unknown kills me. I really hope we find out what happened to them soon.

4/5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Revealed.

10/16/2011 page 48
17.0% "Yay, Roman's finally popped up!" 2 comments
10/19/2011 page 124
45.0% "I still have a hard time liking Seth. He's alright, but just doesn't interest me much."
10/20/2011 page 202
73.0% "I love Roman & Carter. My two fave guys in this series. So fun when they're hanging out together."
10/20/2011 page 220
79.0% "Oh no...this can't be good"