Diane Ferbrache's Reviews > The Wildwater Walking Club

The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook

May 09, 11

bookshelves: travel, friendship, seattle
Read in May, 2011

After Noreen loses her job and her boyfriend in quick succession, she finds herself at loose ends. On the up side, she gets the chance to bond with her neighbors and the three women begin walking every day. This develops into a plot to save the Lavender Farm, stop the ban on clotheslines, take a trip, and just live life to its fullest.

This is a very pleasant read. There are no huge revelations here, nothing earth-shattering, just a good story with enjoyable, realistic characters. Funny, sad, touching, and even triumphant at times, I would recommend this to all my women friends. Strap on your walking shoes and enjoy yourselves. I'm going to see what else Claire Cook has to offer. This book is the perfect "summer read".

NOTE: although the author lives in Massachusetts, it's quite obvious she has spent some time in Seattle and the Northwest. She got all the details right, and her descriptions of the Lavender Festival in Sequim and Pike Market are spot-on.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wildwater Walking Club.