Samantha Dawson's Reviews > Night Myst

Night Myst by Yasmine Galenorn

Aug 15, 11

Read from August 13 to 15, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** If you have read Sisters of Otherworld then you will understand my semi review. Cecily is like Camile from the Sisters of otherworld. Black hair, thick, witch, and part fae. Cecily's relationship with Grieve sounds a lot like Camielle with Trillion. Even the "bond" comes into play. Then you have Morio is S.o.O, who is a fox demon and I think Japanese, and Kenshiy who is dream walker/demon who is chinese. Cecily's attitude is a lot like Camilles. Both attract numerous men, both are volatile. This is probably just my opinion but I had to point it out. The idea of the book was there, it really was. The writing, not so much. She doesn't go into detail on things that I think are really important. Like why her tatoo's have personalitys. Or how the witches get their powers. She spends time telling you about the decorum and weather. Like Ulean, she should have been explained in the very begining. Everything is so rushed. I love Mrs. Galenorn, but this book just wasn't what I expected it to be. :( I recommend this be rented from the library. Don't waste your money on this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Myst.