Traci Haley's Reviews > Save Me

Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

May 31, 11

bookshelves: 2011, general-fiction, best-of-2011, mystery-suspense
Read from May 09 to 27, 2011

Wow, this turned out to be a huge surprise of a book! I picked it up because I thought it sounded a lot like Jodi Picoult's novels. And at the beginning, it kind of read like one... I figured that there would probably not be a whole lot that would surprise me... I couldn't have been more wrong! Halfway through, this book turned into one of the best murder mysteries I've read in a long time. I just love all the twists and turns this book took. And though I spent a lot of this book being angry at the stupidity of some of the mothers in this book, I ended up REALLY liking it. I only had two moments that kind of took me out of the book for a few moments... one was when Rose was touring the burnt out cafeteria and saw a "broken and melted Sony PS2". I'm sure the author meant PSP as I can't imagine any child hauling an old PS2 system to school. And then the other moment was how Melly was supposedly the only Harry Potter fan in her whole class. Really? The ONLY 8 year old who likes Harry Potter? And is ridiculed for it? I kinda find that hard to believe. But those are only two very, very minor blips in an otherwise perfect book. Highly recommended!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Save Me.