Connie's Reviews > An Old-fashioned Romance

An Old-fashioned Romance by Marcia Lynn McClure

May 11, 2011

bookshelves: high-school
Read from May 09 to 10, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Marcia's books are so sweet. I love how she expresses her characters feelings, much better than I do in real life. She reminded me of what it was like being in love for the first time. Oh, that darn euphoria. I too couldn't concentrate on anything, especially in a few of my classes in college. Ugh!!! (I hate looking at those grades. Ha ha) This book includes end of year holidays and how much fun they can be... preparing and eating food, laughing with friends and family, making crafts, playing in snowy outdoor activities, buying and giving away gifts, etc. It encouraged me to make the holidays that warm and inviting every year. For me, I hope I can be as welcoming as Reese's mother was towards Breck when my sons start bringing future spouses home for the holidays. She was perfect!
The reference Marcia makes to her other novel, Highwayman of Tanglewood, was AWESOME! She tied that story into this one wonderfully. I'm still laughing about it. Honestly, I would love to be in a restaurant where someone does something like that. It would be FANTASTIC!
There were a few swear words and kisses that make you melt, but overall a great book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Old-fashioned Romance.

Inspired Kathy This was the first MLM book I read. Loved it!