Erin's Reviews > High Five

High Five by Janet Evanovich

May 10, 11

bookshelves: mystery, romance
Read from May 08 to 10, 2011

I sure would hate to be a car in this book. That is unless I was the Powder Blue Buick.

I loved this one!

Stephanie is certainly coming into her own with the whole "solving things" game. Not necessarily the things she needs to solve, but other things. She was slightly two steps ahead (at least one step) of the cops when it came to figuring things out this round and that was refreshing.

Janet threw in a monkey wrench when it comes to Stephanie's love life. Kind of out of left field, but not unpleasant.
We also got to see another side of Stephanie. Jealousy. Not in a professional sense, or directed towards the annoying Joyce, but someone else.
Jealous was rampant. We got to see it from Morelli as well. We also got to see another side of Morelli.

I agree with another reader that I was slightly disappointed that the true villain explained the story right before planning on shooting Stephanie, making it kind of like a movie cliche. But oh well.

Ramirez was back, and scary as all hell.

The little person Briggs kind of seemed.. out of place. Part of me kept wondering if he was in on the whole thing. Hiding-under-her-nose type situation.

I am so so so glad that I have Hot Six waiting for me, because this book was left with the best cliff hanger ever and I think I'd have to storm over to my library and raise hell if they didn't have it. Luckily I own a copy and don't have to wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read High Five.