Vera's Reviews > Blood of the Fold

Blood of the Fold by Terry Goodkind

May 13, 11

Read from May 09 to 13, 2011

Though there are times in Wizard's First Rule and especially in Stone of Tears where Terry Goodkind really does truly terrify me, this book was actually really well written without the aspect of extreme violence prominent in its predecessors.

One of my favorite aspects is that Richard is wising up. He is learning not to be as stubborn and foolhardy as he was. Kahlan isn't crying or being depressed in every scene and Zedd has even more witty lines.

The Blood of the Fold are such hypocrites! I'll leave it at that, since I don't want to ruin anything, but it's amazing to see the depths of their folly.

The Mord-Sith are great! Cara was one of my favorite characters in season two of Legend of the Seeker and I am really happy to have found her character in the book. If anything, she is triply as amusing and entertaining while still maintaining her tough-girl image.

Can I just say I love Gratch?! I mean, what's cuter than a friendly short-tailed gar that smiles and wants to hug everyone? Richard treats him like a friend and I really like how he is added as character in the book instead of just as a pet. It's also interesting to see how Richard's bond with Gratch is a hinting of a greater means that is revealed late in the book.

Overall, I think that Blood of the Fold is an incredibly discerning book that looks into how each side, though he may be viewed as morally wrong by the other side, believes in his own cause so much that passion overrules reason.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of the Fold.

Quotes Vera Liked

Terry Goodkind
“Once lucky, twice confident, and thrice dead.”
Terry Goodkind, Blood of the Fold

Terry Goodkind
“Wizard's Third Rule
Passion rules reason, for better or for worse.”
Terry Goodkind, Blood of the Fold