Kristie Elston's Reviews > Biting the Bullet

Biting the Bullet by Jennifer Rardin

F_50x66
Jul 19, 11

Read from July 14 to 18, 2011

Jaz is now in Iran on a job to assassinate a necromancer called the Wizard. Jaz, with her team, joins her brothers military troop, where is believed that there is a mole in the group. The mole is supposedly working for the Wizard. As soon as Jaz's team touches down in the desert they are attacked by a group of reavers, who are now a little bit easier to kill, until even the reavers begin rising as zombies. Jaz learns that she is marked for death when Raoul takes her on a trip to hell, and a reaver asks for her death sentence. Jaz spends the rest of the book fighting reavers and unraveling a mystery where the wrong man may be killed.

Jaz has a lot of out of body experiences, that to me still don't explain what the heck is going on with her. This book also introduces the maghoul who like to be around chaos and death and feed off of it, and a creature called the Amanha Szeya - I'm actually still kind of confused by this guy - I may have missed something.

Biting the Bullet also explores the next step in Jaz and Vayl's relationship - Jealousy. These two just need to get it on already.

I thoroughly enjoyed this supernatural urban fantasy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biting the Bullet.