Lisa's Reviews > Grip of the Shadow Plague

Mar 14, 2010

bookshelves: first-editions, autographed-books
Read in April, 2008 , read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** March 5, 2009 Review

I love Seth and Kendra's grandpa. His advise thoughout the book is like little the LDS gems emails I get weekly. Without the LDS part, but little gems of wisdom that should be listend to :)

Grandpa: "Seth, how can I ever trust you to keep the more complicated rules if you stubbornly refuse to follow the simple ones? Your repeated failure to keep the basic rules is the main reason I haven't given you more freedom to explore the preserve on your own."
"Oh," Seth said awkwardly. "I guess that makes sense. Why didn't you tell me staying in the yard was a test?"
Grandpa: "For one thing, it might have made the rule seem even less important."

Reading Fablehaven 3 this time, knowing that Gavin is Navarog, sheds a different light on his actions. i.e. he was upset with the dragon bones, his skill fighting, his strength, his ability to speak with dragons. It's fun reading it a second time with different insight.

April 21, 2008 Review

I really liked this book. I love Kendra and can't wait to see what else she does and how her powers will grow. Hopefully Seth will mature more and be a little more cautious about things that can harm him and his family!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grip of the Shadow Plague.