Debbie I Heart YA Books's Reviews > Dearly, Departed

Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel

May 09, 2011

Dearly, Departed is an all-in-one Novel. Lia Habel has amazingly put Science Fiction, Steampunk, Horror, Fantasy, Dystopia, Paranormal, Apocalyptic, Historical and Romance into this incredible Novel. Along with five POVs, with the main two perspectives being from Nora and Bram. Lia Habel definitely created a fantastic world with zombies and humans trying to coexist together.

Nora is almost seventeen and has been sent off to an all-girls school to become a proper Victorian lady after her father's death. Nora’s not interested in tea and high society. Nora's father raised her to know how fight with weapons and to think for herself. Nora becomes a wanted person by the Gray's because of her father's work as a doctor, and everything Nora thought was truth about her Victorian life will be destroyed after she discovers who her father really was and Bram will become her truth.

I really liked Nora. She is a petite and stubborn tough girl who is not scared to speak her mind and acts on what she believes in. She has just enough Victorian politeness that makes her character one I truly enjoyed. But I do have to say I love Bram more. Bram is strong and witty, with a tender heart even if it’s not beating anymore. Bram's love for Nora is so warm and intimate and one he had to find after his death, which makes it heart-breaking. I couldn't help falling for this zombie.

Dearly, Departed is definitely a novel with a fantastic storyline, action, drama, humor,romance . . . it’s like getting nine novels in one. I recommend Dearly, Departed as a must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dearly, Departed.

Kel (Faerie-bookworm) I already had this on my to read list but now I really can't wait to get it and read it. Sounds really good.

Debbie I Heart YA Books I enjoyed reading this book. I really liked Bram's character. He made the hold book great for me :)