Penny's Reviews > Deception

Deception by Lee Nichols

May 10, 2011

it was ok
Read from May 09 to 10, 2011

Sorry Kristi, I want to like this book as much as you, but I just can't. The last 70 pages or so make me want to ultimate punch baby dolphins or club baby seals. For the record, I did like the first three-quarters of this book.

Full review will be posted soon.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deception.

05/10/2011 page 235
76.0% "This story has really great bones--I absolutely love the concept, and the main character's inner dialogue is fairly amusing--but the writing, which, by the way, leaves a lot to be desired, is driving me insane. This book so sloppily written I feel as though I'm reading a first or second draft. So frustrating! Why did they publish it without cleaning it up a little more? It could have been so much better."
05/10/2011 page 242
78.0% "Okay, so she can just magically <spoiler> disappear </spoiler> now? This late into the book, without ever mentioning the possibility? Really. Seriously. Angry words! Lots of angry words! Incoherent rant! Gnashing of teeth! Renting of clothes!"
05/10/2011 page 242
78.0% "Okay, so she can just magically do that now? This far into the story. Without ever mentioning the possibility, ever? Really. Seriously. Angry words! Lots of angry words! Incoherent rant! Gnashing of teeth! Renting of clothes!"
05/10/2011 page 310
100.0% "Wow. I mean...wow. Just...wow. I'm thinking the author became a raging alcholic, or choked to death on a ham sandwich or whatever after writing the first three-quarters of this novel. Then someone--my guess is a preteen who writes bad fanfiction--finished it up and blackmailed someone into publishing it. Because...wow. (and things were going so well...relatively speaking, I mean)."

Kristi It's all good, there are A LOT of books that you and I do not agree on :)