Wanda's Reviews > The Pledge

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting

May 09, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed, arc
Read from July 20 to 23, 2011

I think I remember seeing this book right before BEA and was hoping to grab one there. The synopsis was well chosen, because it grabbed me right away. And not for nothing, the girl on the cover is a cutie. Something about the way she wears her hoodie, makes her look mysterious. Overall great cover, great synopsis and AWESOME book. This is one of those books, that you just will NOT PUT DOWN. I've been a little picky when choosing my dyspotian books. But this one was luring and I'm so happy that my co-blogger gave me the chance to read it. You rock Maria.

Okay, enough ranting. So as I said before this is a dyspotian society. Everyone in this "Queendom" was divided into classes. Sort of like we have now, it's just not a dictatorship. We have your "Upper Class", "Middle Class" and "Lower Class". I'm sure you get my drift. But the difference in this society is that, each class has their own language. And no one is suppose to know or understand any other language besides english and the language of their class. But Charlie is different, she knows every single language.

One day her friend Brooklyn, (Yeah everyone in the book is named after a city) dragged her to a club. And that's where she met Max. A guy that figures her out immediately. He works his way to try and be around her even when she doesn't pay him no mind. Then one day, she finds a note in her book that confirms her belief. He knows. He knows she understands every language. He knows that she has a gift and he pledges to keep her safe. But what happens when everything you knew or thought you knew has a different reality? Well many things came to light when the Queendom. Many things came to light.

I couldn't put this book down from the minute I started reading. This is my first book of Kimberly Derting and if her other books are remotely close to being as good as this one. She has made another lifetime fan!!! An absolute 5 stars and an absolutely "Good Choice for Reading."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pledge.

07/22/2011 page 84
07/23/2011 page 285
89.0% "OMG! This book is soo good!!!!"
show 2 hidden updates…