Jen4short's Reviews > Her Daughter's Dream

Her Daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers

May 09, 11

I love all of Francine Rivers books and I love them because of the theme that runs through each one of them: God redeems. He takes broken people from broken places and heals them. He makes all things new. This book (and the one preceding it) was a little different kind of book for Francine. This book grew out of her desire to understand the relationships between the women in her own life. She did a good job of accurately portraying the complexity inherent in human relationships and in particular, in the relationships between women. Francine's writing style is interesting to me. She doesn't really go into a lot of detail nor does she use a lot of flowery words and phrases. She simply tells a good story. It's the story itself that keeps you reading. Not the complexity of the plot. Not the "beautiful writing." Just the story. Her books remind me, in a sense, of the children's books we go back to over and over again both as children and as adults. I think people return time and again to Francine Rivers books because we like the stories she weaves. And I'm thankful she's an excellent story weaver.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Daughter's Dream.