Shealen's Reviews > One Silent Night

One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Silent Night.

Quotes Shealen Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“I want the honest truth about something. Could you really fight with someone who did as much damage to you as my father has done to me? (Urian)
I subjected myself to the goddess who drugged me to the point I couldn’t protect my sister and nephew the night they were brutally slaughtered, and they were the only two people in the universe who’d ever given two shits about me. Later that same day, she stood back and let her twin brother butcher me on the floor like an animal, yet within hours after that I sold myself to her to protect mankind. For the sake of the Dark-Hunters, I subjected myself to her cruel whims for eleven thousand years. So, yeah, Urian, I think I could manage to suck it up for an hour to protect the rest of the world. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Because I cursed him to it. (Acheron)
Be glad I’m not physically there or I’d slap you upside the head. You know how free will works, so stop the whining and get off the cross. Someone needs the wood. (Savitar)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“If you leave here, War can find you again. What are you going to do if that happens? (Tory)
Leave bloodstains on his best shirt. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“How you figure that, grom? Your mother’s the Destroyer. It’s a title she not only earned, but one she relishes. And you’re sending me in with only a few Charonte as backup. What did I ever do to you? (Savitar)
Man up, Sav. You’re whining like a little girl. (Acheron)
If your mother has her way, she’ll turn me into one, and I look like shit in pink. Thanks, kid. (Savitar)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You know you’re the only man alive I’d ever follow after what I’ve been through. You’re also the only one I respect. (Urian)
And you’re one of the extremely few I trust. (Acheron)
Brothers? (Urian)
Brothers to the end. Now before we get all girly and cry, get your ass upstairs and prepare for what’s coming. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Works for me. For the ones we love, today we’re allies. Tomorrow we resume our natural order of mortal enemies. Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely for all of us, have we an accord? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“So are we going to continue glaring angrily at each other while we pose in our tough stances? Or use our time to work out a plan that hopefully doesn’t end with our mutual deaths? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“The man hates your guts more than Stryker does. You’ll be lucky if he doesn’t pull your spine out through your nostrils. (Tory)
Nice to have Miss Merry Sunshine back again. Any other Eeyore outlooks you’d like to share? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You are such an optimist. My Spidey-sense is tingling all over the place. (Tory)
That’s from eating the ice cream. Relax. (Acheron)
Relax. Trust me. It’ll be all right. Isn’t that how I ended up dead? (Danger)
Stop feeding her anxiety. (Acheron)
Anxiety. The Simi’s never eaten that before. Is that tasty? (Simi)
Not really. (Danger)
Oh. Maybe we should put barbecue sauce on it. Everything’s better with barbecue. (Simi)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“We all have regrets, Urian. Nothing that lives is immune from that nasty emotion. (Acheron)
So what? You want me to go kiss and make up? (Urian)
Hardly. But I want you to set aside your own hurt and anger to see clearly for a minute. This isn’t about you and your father anymore than it’s about me and Nick hating each other over something we can’t change. This is about saving the lives of a million innocent people. People like Phoebe who don’t deserve to be hunted and killed. If I can stand at the side of my enemies for the greater good, so can you. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“You stubborn bastard. Take it from someone who knows firsthand, there’s a lot to be said for forgiveness. Grudges seldom hurt anyone except the one bearing them. (Acheron)
And there’s a lot to be said for knocking enemies upside their heads and cracking skulls open. (Urian)
To everything there is a season, and tonight ours is to stand together or lose everything. I’m not fighting for Stryker or to save your sister. I’m fighting to protect the ones I love. The ones who will suffer most if War isn’t stopped. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Well, I guess I’m just not as special as you are. (Urian)
No one knows their true mettle until it’s been tested. This is yours. Whether you pass or fail is entirely up to you. I can’t tell you what to do, but I know where I’ll be tonight. (Acheron)”

“Val, I'm on Bourbon—”

“I will not venture down that street of crass iniquities and plebeian horror, Acheron. It is the cesspit of humanity. Don‟t even ask it.”

Ash rolled his eyes at the Roman‟s arrogant tone. “I need you in the swamp.”

Silence answered him.

"We have a situation."

“Where do you need me?”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Grudges seldom hurt anyone except the one bearing them.”