Adam Silvera's Reviews > Stellaluna

Stellaluna by Janell Cannon

Jul 08, 14

bookshelves: favorites

This is my first favorite book ever. My mother bought it for me as a kid and it came with a Stellanuna plush doll. Manly, right? Mom read it to me whenever I asked until I lost Stellaluna in the first grade. (TRAGIC.)

My mother, being the most awesome of mothers, put up Missing Poster signs for Stellaluna. No one ever called with information, no ransom notes were left next to my lunch box, and Stellaluna wasn't hiding inside my hamper or under my bed. Stellaluna was gone. I thought back to the book, and how the birds cared for Stellaluna while she was lost - teaching her to sit upright during the day and all that - and how her time with the birds - and me - was short-lived so she could return to a life of living in the night and sleeping upside down.

I think maybe my bat went home.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stellaluna.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Awww, I think this may quite possibly be the cutest review I've read on GR! *melts in a puddle*

The UHQ Nasanta Ditto, Vinaya. :)

message 3: by Jacky (new)

Jacky Faber There's nothing lame about caring about your bat best bud. I think your explanation for Stellaluna having gone missing is a good one and if that mitigated some of your distress for Stellaluna disappearing, that's a good thing, not lame at all.

Hope I enjoyed your text-to-self connection, thank you for sharing.

message 5: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling Looove. :)

Ericka What awesome insight.

Lily Awww. What a cute little review.

Lily Your momma is awesome.