Aaron's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

May 11, 11

Read from May 08 to 11, 2011

I've seen a fair amount of annoying debate surrounding this book. Is it just for women? I mean, it's BY a woman, so what happens if a man reads it? Does he have to throw a big thing a long way to prove he's still a BRO? I am telling you WHO CARES. This is a book for people, and a very good one at that.

Fey's collection of stories, told in mostly chronological order, paint a portrait of one of the most ordinary extraordinary people in culture. That sounds mean, I think. What I'm saying is, for all her seemingly limitless talent, hard work, and (for once) DESERVED fame, she is still a human being. She doesn't tell stories about childhood abuse or adulthood coke parties or childhood coke parties. There are no horrifying or gossipy stories here. GOOD. There are simply stories about what made Tina Fey who she is, told with the hilarious, self-effacing sense of humor she's known for. If you read this book on the subway, you will laugh aloud, and you will be embarrassed that everyone thinks you're crazy, but then you'll realize an actual crazy person is next to you, and no one is paying attention to your laughing over his screaming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.