Em 's Reviews > Vampire Knits: Projects to Keep You Knitting from Twilight to Dawn

Vampire Knits by Genevieve Miller

May 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: knitting, vampires
Recommended for: Victorian Knitters. Psychos, I Mean, Twilight Fans
Read on May 07, 2011

I am slightly ashamed for picking up this book... I had found a free pattern snippet from this book a few months back, and I had thought to myself, "Oh maybe if I see this in the library, I'll get it because I wouldn't mind whipping up some Victorian- style projects." Turns out, I almost cried reading the summary in the car on the way home from the library. It's knitting for the Twilight obsessed. I was not surprised to see the author pretty much thanking Stephanie Meyer for saving her life from being dull with her just plain human guy husband. Nor was I surprised with the Twilight trivia quizzes halfway through the book. It was just plain freaking sad.
I read it again after first writing my reveiw. Considering, this time, I actually read the patterns for what they were, patterns. I put the obsessive Twilight people to the back of my mind, and pushed forward my new love of Victorian fashon. There were a handful of some of the most beautiful pieces I've seen. Some of them from a few of my favorite knitwear designers. I was slightly dissappionted over the few, the sad children's and men's clothing, though, but what kid or guy would wear knitted Twilight stuff?
Yes, I was happy for the few decent Victorian-style patterns. No, I did NOT need the obsessive Twilight mom thing.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knits.

Gitta You couldn't have put it any better. The same happened to me :)

Ann E. Wallace Same for me. But even worse, the patterns are not very clear. But I have taken some of the patterns and re-written them (and improving them).