Nicole Bunge's Reviews > Better Days

May 08, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: graphic-novels, sci-fi
Read in May, 2011

(Found it used the other day at Half-Price books. Somehow, in my research for cross-over fan-fic last year (HA!)I missed this one.)

Didn't like it as much as the other comic-continuations of the show. It got... confusing in action parts cuz, well, the artist isn't very good at likenesses and facial-definition. I didn't know who was who. (Didn't help that the text was a bit sparse as well.)

And the ending... was confusing. I still don't know WHY what-happened-on-the-ship happened during the last battle. Joss- this is why I won't call myself a fan: you're too enigmatic, and while I mourn the loss of Firefly with everyone else - you can't continue to be vague and secretive about your damn canceled show, ok? It's mean and arrogant. Stop bleeding the browncoats dry of $$$. (Also, I hate Buffy.)

There are some lovely "in" jokes though - reference to "the hero of Canton" was the best. (Also Adam Baldwin does the intro.)

Um... that's all, cuz everyone on my friends list who cares has probably already read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Better Days.

message 1: by Vic (new) - rated it 3 stars

Vic I agree times three! I thought the artwork was bad for such iconic looking characters. I was disappointed that the story was vague. And I hate Buffy, too! :) I liked the intro by AdamBaldwin and the story started out so promissing. :/