~J~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

Feb 02, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, on-amazon, on-shelfari, on-blog, short-story
Read on February 02, 2012

3.5 Stars

Hotness Rating 2 out of 5 (the one sex scene was summed up in a paragraph, so it is definitely a sweet read).

This was my first Lisa Kleypas read....ever....Yes I know I am a bit slow, but I finally made it.

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor was only a short read, but it gave me a good indication of Lisa'a writing style. It is smooth and sweet, definitely well written. It was just a little slow for me. There was a lot of description about the town, the characters families, their jobs etc, but not enough about the main characters themselves IMO.

I did really enjoy it though - just wanted more. I wanted to see more of the connection between Maggie and Mark, wanted to get more depth instead of hearing about what they did in between seeing each other. But when the words were actually focused on the times when they were together it was great, heart fluttering-ly sweet.

All in all my first Lisa Kleypas read was enjoyable. I look forward to reading more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor.

02/02/2012
20.0% "This is my first Lisa Kleypas read....FINALLY" 8 comments
02/02/2012
89.0% 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Nice review Jodie. Imo this is not LK's best and really not indicative of the real quality of her writing. Her other contemp series is better starting with - Sugar Daddy

Her historicals (if you read them) are all very good, especially her last series - Mine Till Midnight

I am looking forward to book #2 in this series Rainshadow Road to see if it's better than CEaFH.

~J~ Riverina Romantics Thanks Jill. You are the second person to tell me that Sugar Daddy is really good. I will be reading that when I decide to do my next LK read.

I have heard a lot about her, so I will definitely be reading more.