Katie's Reviews > My Soul to Steal

My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent

May 13, 11

bookshelves: 1st-person-female-pov, paranormal

** spoiler alert ** I enjoyed this fourth book in the Soul Screamers series, and I cannot wait to read the final novel in the series. Kaylee's and Nash's relationship becomes even more complicated when Nash's ex, Sabine, shows up in town, wanting Nash back. Unfortunately, she is also a mara, someone who reads fears, crafts nightmares from them, and feeds off the fear from the nightmares.

At first, I did not like Sabine's character at all, because she was mean to Kaylee and seemed determined to ruin her relationship with Nash. But, by the end of the novel, I had begun to feel sorry for her. When Kaylee and Tod were spying on Sabine and Nash, I could see how different she was with him. She was more vulnerable and she seemed more human.

The plot with Alec is interesting, how he is being possessed by Avari. Avari was very clever, possessing Kaylee's dad to untie Alec. I do not like Avari at all. At the end, Kaylee and Sabine became victims of Avari and Invidia.

Hopefully, in the next book, all the characters will be able to get along together better. I could tell that Tod said she should give Nash to Sabine because he is in love with Kaylee. Because of this, I believe there is still hope for Kaylee and Nash. Can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Steal.