Tosh's Reviews > Light in August

Light in August by William Faulkner

Mar 10, 08

It inspired Boris Vian and that's enough in my book. Joe Christmas is one of the great fictional characters in fiction. I can smell Southern culture right off these pages. Taste it and live the tale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Light in August.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David My boyfriend Bill once sold a copy of this to Tuesday Weld in a bookstore in Woodstock.

Tosh Life can't get better then that! I have only read two Faulkner novels. Slowly but surely I will read everything by this man.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Good call, Tosh. Great story, David. I once sold a Rolling Stone to Zach De La Rocha's mom.

Tereneh Tosh! I love seeing your review - I just started reading this book yesterday on the train in NYC and I was smiling and shaking my head over Faulkner's amazing use of language and insights into men and women - what we say, see, do not say, do not see. When I grow up I want tpo read everything you like!

Tereneh Tosh! I love seeing your review - I just started reading this book yesterday on the train in NYC and I was smiling and shaking my head over Faulkner's amazing use of language and insights into men and women - what we say, see, do not say, do not see. When I grow up I want to read everything you like!